Press on the effort for flame retardant free furniture in Europe.
The Alliance for Flame Retardant Free Furniture in Europe gathers stakeholders ranging from environmental and health NGOs to industry, cancer organisations, fire fighters and labour unions. In September 2016, the Alliance published the Policy Paper The Case for Flame Retardant Free Furniture. This is some of the press coverage on the effort of the Alliance:
Selection of press articles:
• Anses research programme targets EDCs and bisphenols. Cleaning products, flame retardants under scrutiny – Chemical Watch 13-03-2018
• Furniture flammability research questions flame retardant use – The Ends Report 13-12-2017
• How fire-safe is British furniture? – BBC News 13-12-2017
• ECHA ponders restriction on organophosphate flame retardants – The Ends Report 13-12-2017
• USA – Federal Agency warning on organohalogens flame retardants used in furniture and other consumers products – Chicago Tribune 20-09-2017
• Rhode Island bans the sale of certain bedding and furniture treated with a flame retardant chemical – Providence Journal 04-10-2017
• San Francisco banning sale of products containing any flame retardants – San Francisco Examiner 17-10-2017
• Flame retardants could be hazardous to your health – Boston Globe 04-10-2017
• Maine bans all flame retardants in upholstered furniture – Chemical Watch 03-08-2017
• Massachusetts’ Public Health Committee works on prohibiting sale of children’s products and furniture with high amounts of Flame Retardants – WWLP 27-06-2017
• New report lays out strategy to evaluate evidence of adverse human health effects from endocrine-disrupting chemicals at low doses – The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, Medicine 18-05-2017
• Chemists are uncovering how and why Marine Organism synthesize flame retardant like molecules – Chemical & Engineering News 23-10-2017
• The Mystery of the Wasting House-Cats – New York Times 16-05-2017
• Killer whales must be saved from toxic chemicals – The Times 3-05-2017
• Everyday chemicals may affect brain development, including foetal IQ – The Conversation 11-05-2017
• Human exposure to flame retardants – Articles collection by Elsevier 2017
• Tracing the chemistry of household dust – Chemical & Engineering News 13-02-2017
• Your sofa can give you CANCER: Materials used to fireproof settees are linked to a 74% rise in thyroid tumours – Mail Online 09-04-2017
• Toxic sofas linked to surge in thyroid cancer – The Times 09-04-2017
• Flame retardant replacements migrate to arctic sediment – Chemical & Engineering News 04-04-2017
• Warnings over children’s health as recycled e-waste comes back as plastic toys – The Guardian 09-03-2017
• Toxic chemicals in household dust linked to cancer and infertility – The Guardian 14-09-2016
• Fire safety ignites rules rethink – The Ends Report 21-03-2016
• Denmark wants EU ban on harmful flame retardants – CPH Post Online 8-09-2016
• Post-Consumer Flexible Polyurethane Foam Scrap Used In Building Products – Healthy Building News 29-07-2016
Take a look at the Alliance Newsletter.
The Alliance for Flame Retardant Free Furniture in Europe consists of stakeholders ranging from environmental and health NGOs to industry, cancer organisations, fire fighters and labour unions.
Please contact us by filling out the form to the right.